Good Job, Square Enix30 Mar 2016
Say what you will about Square Enix, but lately I think they’re dishing outs lots of love.
- The release date for Final Fantasy XV was announced and it’s only 6 months away: September 30th! Can’t wait? No worries! Square Enix also released the Platinum Demo for you to check out today.
- Not only are we getting a game, Final Fantasy XV will also have a short animated series called Brotherhood to introduce the FFXV story. And there will also be a full-length feature CGI film called Kingsglaive. You can watch the first episode of Brotherhood and the Kingsglaive trailer on YouTube.
- Bravely Second: End Layer hits North American shores in two weeks. If you long for a Final Fantasy that is more traditional, stop complaining about the modern Final Fantasy games and pick up this awesome old-school JRPG. If you somehow haven’t played the original Bravely Default yet, do it now!
- The beloved Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII will be re-released on the 3DS in North America in 2016. Originally released on the Playstation and Playstation 2 respectively, these re-releases will bring the number of Dragon Quest games you can play on a North American 3DS to six (i.e. IV through IX)!
- The North American release date for Star Ocean 5 was also announced this week: June 28th! Entries in the series since the beloved Star Ocean 2 have received mixed reviews, but with a solid 34/40 from Famitsu, Star Ocean 5 is shaping up to be a solid JRPG entry in 2016. Not appealing enough? The Day One Edition will allow you swap out the battle music with the Valkyrie Profile battle themes!
This is great stuff! The only thing missing here is a Valkyrie Profile 3 announcement!